The Charles Washington Hall Renovation consisted of complete interior/exterior renovation of the Circa 1870 building on the corner of George and Washington Streets in Charles Town West Virginia. The building, which was destroyed by fires during the Civil War and rebuilt around 1870, was named after George Washington’s brother Charles. Part of the first floor was renovated into a glass enclosed farmers market with full service kitchen area. The second floor Auditorium was completely refurbished to its original use and will serve as a venue for music and art performances.
Owner: City of Charles Town West Virginia
Floor Area: 7,400 sq.ft.
Method of Award: Public Bid
Construction Cost: $3.5 Million
Change Order Amount: $166,000.00 (Scope Additions)
Original Quoted Duration: 16 Months
Actual Duration: 17 Months